Congratulations on joining the 爱尤物聽community.
Providing a safe campus environment for employees, students and visitors is a priority on our campus.The cooperation of every employee is necessary to make 爱尤物聽a safe workplace. 聽Safety is taken seriously and any willful or habitual violation of safety rules will be considered cause for discipline up to and including termination.
The Employee Safety Committee comprised of staff, faculty, administrative employees and a safety consultant make regular inspections of the campus and plan and implement changes which will improve safety.
Help yourself and others by reporting unsafe conditions or hazards immediately. 聽You should report your concerns to your supervisor and to the Maintenance department. 聽If the unsafe condition or hazard has caused you injury, you should also notify the Office of Employee Engagement (Alumni House).
Specific Safety Rules and Guidelines:
IT IS EVERY EMPLOYEE鈥橲 RESPONSIBILITY TO BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR POSSIBLE HAZARDS, UNSAFE CONDITIONS OR ACTS. 聽IF YOU SPOT ONE OF THE CONDITIONS ON THIS LIST-OR ANY OTHER POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS SITUATION, REPORT IT TO YOUR SUPERVISOR AND THE MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT IMMEDIATELY.
- Slippery floors and walkways
- Tripping hazards
- Missing or inoperative entrance/exit signs or other lighting.
- Loose handrails
- Broken windows
- Damaged fire alarms or extinguishers
- Damaged chairs
- Leaks of water, roof leaks
- Blocked fire doors, exits
- Evidence of smoking in designated non-smoking areas.
- Help to prevent accidents by cleaning up spilled liquids immediately.
- Place trash and recyclables in proper containers. 聽Set aside heavy materials that can injure a worker attempting to empty the containers.
- Pay attention to signage concerning safety and rules and regulations that are posted or published.
- Keep your work area clean and free of hazards. 聽Do not block access to exits.
- Do not engage in any practices as may be inconsistent with ordinary and reasonable common sense safety rules.
- Observe smoking regulations.
- Lift properly using your legs, not your back. 聽For heavier loads, get assistance.
- Observe and practice the safety procedures established for your job.
- Do not operate machines or equipment until you have been properly instructed and are authorized to do so.
- Where required, wear protective equipment such as goggles, safety glasses, masks, gloves, etc.
- Use the proper tool for the job.
- Observe all applicable safety rules while working or supervising students in the labs.
- Do not exceed posted speed limits while driving on campus.
- Do not drive at speeds that are excessive for existing weather conditions.
- Use seat belts and shoulder restraints when operating a college vehicle. The driver is responsible for insuring that all passengers are buckled up and must obey all traffic laws when operating the vehicle.
- Supervisors have a duty to act upon all unsafe condition or hazard reports.
- Supervisors have a duty to provide their employees with information concerning departmental safety rules,emergency procedures and other notices that concern safety.
In the case of an on-the job injury, no matter how minor, report it at once to your supervisory and the Office of Employee Engagement (Alumni House). 聽The Office of Employee Engagement will assist you with completing your injury report. 聽Of course, if your injury is severe or life threatening, 911 should be the first contact, followed by Campus Safety.
Campus Safety coordinates a security presence on campus and provides leadership and direction to the Emergency Response Team which will respond in the event of a campus wide emergency. 聽Campus safety also acts as a liaison with local law enforcement. 聽Campus Safety is located in the John R. Yurtchuk Student Center and are available 24 hours a day/7 days a week. 聽You may reach Campus Safety at ext. 7688 or by dialing 0 for the switchboard.
Additional links relating to 聽employee safety are listed below:
- NY HERO ACT: 爱尤物College Infectious Disease Exposure Prevention Plan - NYS Model
- Employee Work Related Injury Report
- Campus Safety 听听
- Disaster/Crisis Management/Emergencies (See Campus Safety)
- Annual Fire and Fire Safety Report (See Campus Safety)
- 爱尤物College Domestic Violence Policy聽
- Emergency Notification System聽
- Gross Anatomy Procedures聽
- Natural Sciences Department Biosafety Manual聽
- Chemical Hygiene Plan聽